Team Foxtrot.

Working with Team Foxtrot is currently the highlight of my summer. I met some brilliant people and got to spend time doing first response stuff and using the skills I've spent so many hours acquiring! Really hoping that it'll be the start of getting back out on duties with the Red Cross be that SafeSpace or major event stuff. Since getting back I've also signed up to do further modules including Entonox, trauma, medical and others...exciting times. More than one person has asked why I'm pursuing teaching still when my heart lies in something more medical and to be quite honest I'm still not 100% sure. My current reasoning however is teaching has a longer career length, it would not be possible to still be working as a paramedic aged 60, it's not so unrealistic to still be in a classroom! Plus, I do love teaching and I don't know whether I would love medical stuff if it was my career? I volunteer because I enjoy it, just like I play my clarinet because I enjoy it - I hated working towards exams etc. it took the fun away! There is nothing to stop me retraining in the future and it'd be a shame to throw away the work I've already done towards a degree that I do enjoy.

I'm still trying to catch up on sleep given I was on the go between about 7am and midnight everyday but I'm also still buzzing and miss everyone I met.

Just a few of the fab team!
Can't wait for next year, being able to serve at Soul Survivor is such a privelige. Knowing that I'm playing a small part in enabling young people to engage with Jesus is just incredible. Thank you to everyone who was part of such a fantastic team!

TTFN x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"So I cry out with all that I have left"

Breaking the Silence: EDAW 2012

Caring for the Broken-hearted - Part 1